Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ryobi Arctica 4000


Bought this reel for $110.00 on the 7-3-2011.
Original knob was changed to a Seahawk power knob.


Specifications of the reel
The spare spool that came with the reel was exchanged for a size 3000 with one of my fishing kaki. The pic below shows the difference in the spool sizes for the 3000 and 4000 version


Size 3000 spool loaded with 200m of VARIVAS High Power Pe 2
Size 4000 spool loaded with ~160m of PowerPro 40lb


Total Damages for the the Reel

Ryobi Arctica Size 4000-------------> $110.00
Seahawk Power Knob--------------->$13.00
PowerPro 40lb---------------------->$41.00
VARIVAS High Power Pe 2---------->$46.60

Total-------------------------------->$210.00

I will be using this reel mainly for my light jigging trip as well as the GT in Eduard Pond. The above reel will be paired with a 6ft Eupro Salty Chief rated 10-20lb.

note: will post a review once I had tested the reel for my coming trip on April

7 comments:

  1. hi there! You have done a very nice job to your reel. I just love it...
    By the way, can you show me where to buy the Seahawk knobs in Singapore, i have searched online for it, but no result by far.
    Thank you so much!
    A friend from Vietnam
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bro,
    I dont think it is possible to purchase the seahwak knob online. Even if it is online, the price will much higher.

    If pricing isn't any issue, you maybe able to get knobs from this Singapore based seller.
    http://www.anglersvision.com/catalog/


    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi friend!
      Thanks a lot for your reply! Very much appreciated..
      By the way, can you give me some tackle stores'names in Singapore, i will go there and buy them myself as i am planning to go to Singapore this June...
      Thanks alot
      Have a great day!
      Bao

      Delete
  3. Hi Bao,

    You may wish to view the list of tackle shop from this website:

    http://www.handlinefishing.com/whosfishing/tacklesdirectory.htm

    I got the knobs from LE Angler. The address is as follow:
    L.E Anglers' House
    Blk 530 Bedok North Street 3 #01-634 Singapore 460530
    Tel : (+65) 6242 8938, (+65) 9815 5868 (K.T.Lim(Ah Teck)), (+65) 96775882 (S.Y.Eu(Jimmy))

    If you need help, I could bring you around Singapore as I will be having my vacation till early July.

    Cheers!
    Dansen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dansen,
    Thanks for your kind offer to bring me around Singapore! That's so kind of you, my friend. I will try to go to LE to get what i want.
    Could i have your personal email so that i can contact you later?
    Cheers,
    Bao

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bao,

    You may email me @ dansen06@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

    Cheers,
    Dansen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you tell us how you've changed the knob? Been broken axle? I want to change mine but I have doubts

    ReplyDelete